A rental van offers a great value for money and the independence of seeing your destination and everything it offers. To help you get the most from your car rental experience, here are some useful tips for you.
When you reach the renting location, the rental van must be available to you in a ready and checked condition. However, it is recommended that before signing the contract and for peace of mind, you need to carry out the below-mentioned checks.
- Consider the car requirements – The smallest available vehicle might not serve your purpose. So consider the quantity of luggage and the number of people to be carried. Safety and comfort should be taken into consideration. And thus, for example, you might choose an air-conditioned car in a hot and humid country. A good Van Hire Huntingdon service will surely help you with your requirement.
- Consider proper coverage – In Europe, rental car providers usually offer Third Party Liability or TPL cover and Collision Damage Waiver or CDW. Theft Protection or TP considered being an added coverage. You should make sure you have adequate coverage otherwise you will be accountable for full value of the car, if stolen. Theft protection is a must in Italy.
- Check for bodywork damage in advance – Before driving off, you should check for the damages on the body of the car. Whether it’s a scratch or a small dent, it must be mentioned on the pre-rental inspection form. Otherwise, the car provider might charge you for the damages that were not done by you. You should also check the fuel gauge before hiring to ensure that the car has the same amount of fuel as it claims on paper.
- Pre-book in UK – If you are on the way to overseas, make sure you have a pre-booked programme at a guaranteed rate as this will be cheaper and will help you remain within your budget. It also ensures guaranteed car availability.
- Check what the price includes – You should know beforehand exactly what the rate charged for the hired car includes. Some companies charge a cheaper rate while they impose some hidden costs later.
- Check the tyres – It is extremely important that you check the tyres and find them to be in good condition only. They should have sufficient tread depth. It is also recommended to check the windscreen washers as well as wipers to ensure that they are in good condition and the washers have water in it.
- Make yourself easy with the control – Make yourself familiar with the all the controls. And if you have problem with any of the controls, you may ask any of the staff members to demonstrate it. You can also request for a copy of handbook for your reference. Before driving off, check oil and fuel levels and carry out a check on static brake.
And these are the things you should take care of before you hire a van or a car from a Van Hire St Neots service provider. Nevertheless, you should also ensure that you have all required cover and a contact number, in case of emergency.